A week or so I recieved an email from a lovely fellow blogger Marie from Home of Bambou tagging me for a Liebster Award which is encouraging people to discover new blogs! This is such a fabulous idea and not only can you find more blogs to follow but you can also learn a little bit more about them.
Marie has tagged me and another 10 bloggers - we need to share 11 things about ourselves and then answer the 11 questions from Marie.
11 Things You May Not Know About Me....
- I was a long haul Flight Attendant for 3 years for Virgin Atlantic - I started when I was 19 and living back in England.
- I have always had a fear of birds and as I have gotten older I have strangley become afraid of flying - which is weird if you look at #1.
- I have been told by two different people (strangers) that I look like Boy George - compare to my profile pic to see if you agree!
- I have a bit of an infatuation with the Victorias Secret Angels - are these girls even real?!
- I am a perfectionist and can be quite stubborn but I will do anything for the people I care about.
- If I wasn't an Interior Designer I would love to design shoes.
- When I was younger I used to dream of marrying Prince. No, not 'A' Prince, the singer Prince! (or is that 'symbol' or 'the artist formally known as').
- I love lifting heavy weights at the gym.
- I am inspired by people who speak their minds.
- I am obsessed with anything leopard print (you may already know this if you've read my About Me page - but it's too important not to share again!)
- I am not a morning person and I get hangry (hungry + angry) if I don't eat regularly.
and here are Marie's questions for me (and my answers)!
1 - Which talent would you like to have?
I would love to be a great singer, I wouldn't like to be famous but to be able to belt out a tune at kareoke and wow the crowd with my talent would be pretty cool!
2 - Neutral or colors?
Can I be tricky and say both? I love neutrals and colours paired together. I like classic pieces paired with a shock of colour - in both the home and with what I wear.
3 - What is your new year resolution?
I don't believe in them.... I believe they are a way to set yourself up to fail! I have some new habits that I started a little while ago now that I am trying to keep up - but I don't beat myself up about it if I slip up every now and again.
4 - Which person (dead or alive) would you like to meet?
Rachel Zoe - I would love to go shopping with her!
5 - What do you do to feel better when you're feeling down?
I always put music on. Painting my toes makes me happy - I love having well manicured feet! And making my son laugh always makes me smile.
6 - What's your favorite song?
I'm going to embarass myself immensly here and say Justin Beiber's Beauty and The Beat.....yes I am 34 next month and I have got Bieber Fever - oh dear!
7 - Do you buy yourself flowers?
I buy them for the house from time to time, and I separate the bouquet so I can have a few smaller vases dotted around the house instead of one larger arrangement.
8 - Electronic organizer or paper?
I'm trying to start doing it electronically as it's easier to have everything on my phone, but nothing beats an old fashioned organiser or diary.
9 - What did you do for the holdays?
We had family over from England so we spent a lot of time with them, my son learnt to walk and we chilled out on the beach a lot - heaven!
10 - Madonna or Lady Gaga?
Ooh that's a good one! I'm a bit of a Lady Gaga fan at the moment but I would have to say Madonna - she's lead an interesting life and I would love to find out how she manages to look so good... I'd love to steal her little black book of beauty secrets!
11 - Figurative art or abstract art?
Thanks Marie for tagging me - it was a lot of fun!